Clayton Bye's Reviews > What I Found in the Dark

What I Found in the Dark by Clayton Clifford Bye

May 10, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: poetry

Gillian Jane Sims | 5 out of 5 Stars!
Your poetry is just unbelievable.

Lucille P. Robinson | 4 out of 5 Stars
Note: due to size restrictions, the following represents only a small portion of the original review... "I found the following truths about Clayton Bye’s What I Found in the Dark poems. They make you wonder, ask questions, imagine, and, yes, feel sadness, joy, discomfort, and perhaps a yearning for love, for understanding, for a close mate to share your life with. Yes, these poems are deep, some rhyme, some don’t, some are clear on their own, some become clear from the introduction that comes before it."

John B. Rosenman | 5 out of 5 Stars!
By all means, be sure to read Clayton Bye's What I Found In The Dark.. It's nice to see a poet with a sense of structure and restraint. When it comes to poetry, restraint magnifies freedom. The brief introductory comments are great, too. They tell us just enough without spoiling it for us. I like their thematic tie-in with darkness, love, and related emotions. Most of all, this is a volume you can read repeatedly without exhausting its richness.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Found in the Dark.