Jane's Reviews > Storm Glass

Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

May 07, 2009

bookshelves: home-library, fantasy, arc, autographed
Read in January, 2009

An overnight read. I was so thrilled when I got my hands on this book. I read right through dinner, second dinner, and midnight snack. And was extremely annoyed when I needed to use the potty.

I love this world! Maria V. Snyder commands your attention. Poison Study fans are really going to like this one. Just like with the poisons, we learn about storms and glass with the same meticulous (and entertaining) attention to detail. Can't wait for the next!
35 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Glass.

Alethea A Lol, Jane! I know, I don't think I peed once while reading the Dragonlance Chronicles, I must have nearly died and just not noticed! (Hey, I was 13. I think at that age we all think we're invincible.)

I didn't get mine yet! :( But then again UPS or FedEx is taking its sweet time sending the Criollo to our friends.

SheWunders Ugh... I'm so jealous... I can't wait to read mine and I have to wait until May!

Clickety Hmmm... I am going to put this on my to-read list just on the strength of your review :)

What did you like about it? I haven't read Poison Study yet, so... ?

Alethea A Clix wrote: "Hmmm... I am going to put this on my to-read list just on the strength of your review :)

What did you like about it? I haven't read Poison Study yet, so... ?"

Clix, read Poison Study first! and Magic and Fire... I guess technically you could just start with Storm Glass and eventually go back and read Yelena's story, but I recommend reading them in order. Opal (the main character in the Glass series) shows up in Book 2, Magic Study and also plays a role in Fire Study.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Alethea, I'm so jealous! You lucky duck!

Is Yelena in Storm Glass?

message 6: by Jane (last edited Jan 05, 2009 08:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Clix wrote: "What did you like about it? I haven't read Poison Study yet, so... ?"

To to tell the absolute truth (and I hope Maria--the author--doesn't get mad at me for saying it) but I really really like the Study Series better (Poison Study, etc.). The reason I still rated this one a 5 is because it explores the world in much more depth. It actually felt like Sitia/Ixia (the made up territories) are as big as the map shows. That's just to answer your question specifically about this book.

For the series itself, it's just a really great fantasy story. You can tell the author put in a lot of research and time in building the world. It's something unique. Plus there's a little bit of romance in there. I think if you like the type of books YABC gave high ratings for (Hunger Games, Graceling, possibly Wildwood Dancing), than you'll definitely like this series.

Levina  C. Wow...Yelena makes an appearance here. Interesting. I'm reading this right now, I''m on pg. 120 or something and yes, I like it better than the Study series. Opal actually seems to be flawed. Unlike Yelena.

message 8: by Hope (new) - added it

Hope What is second dinner? Sounds yum.

Jessi I take the books potty with me bwahaha

LexiLovesBooks34♡ So what I got from this is they are all connected ? The books I have read a touch of power and poison study . Do you guys have any suggestions on reading order of the series?