Maria's Reviews > Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

May 10, 12

bookshelves: grief, favorites, ya, april-2012, 2012, books-i-will-reread-millions-of-tim, made-me-cry-a-river
Read in April, 2012

I lovelovelovelove this book. Definitely my favorite book of all time! The plot was so original and beautiful. It left me thinking for days. I adored the characters. Beth was so relateable and different, just like me. She wasn't perfecr or beautiful like most main characters are. Derek, on the other hand, was simply perfect. Flawless. I loved him so much. He did annoy me at the beggining, especially with his secret, but once I realized what he was hiding, I couldn't love him more. His secret was so heartbreaking and I can safely say that I weeped like crazy. I was a little disappointed by the ending. Beth pissed me off by running off to Scott once Derek..you know. It made me so angry. I know that's what Derek wanted but it was too soon! Derek's part of the end was bittersweet. I was so sad about what happened to him yet he was so happy and I couldn't find the heart to be mad about it. The only thing that bugged me about this book was the makeover. Why couldn't they have done something less drastic? It kind of offended me, to be honest, and I think it also left a bad message to girls suffering with self-esteem issues. Besides that, I'm definitely reading this book again. It's always going to be with me and it has changed my look on life, for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Me to Sleep.

Quotes Maria Liked

Angela Morrison
“He looks like an angel, sings like an angel. He found my breaking heart a coaxed it into a new rhythm. A rhythm so sweet, so captivating, so enticing, I can’t get enough. ”
tags: beth

Angela Morrison
“I know your soul. It’s there in every note”. He brushes my lips with his. “You can’t fake that. You can’t hide it”

Angela Morrison
“Your heart .That’s all I want. That’s the best thing you can give me”
You stole that that before we even met”
I don’t want to be a thief. I want you to give it”
His arms tighten around me, and his mouth presses on mine again.
It’s yours Beth”. His words flow into my soul and twist me into knots.
You know it’s yours”

Angela Morrison
“I needed a whole heart once in my life. Is that so wrong?”
tags: derek

Angela Morrison
“„Three more inches and you’d really be sexy.“ Three more inches? I’d be a skyscraper.”

Angela Morrison
“I’d rather be miserable loving you than happy with anyone else.”

Angela Morrison
“The way you kiss, the way you sing. The way you tell me everything. Will you take my heart? i´m offering it to you...”