Natalie's Reviews > Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet by Susan Cain

Aug 27, 12

Read in August, 2012

Wow, this book was simply amazing. Every piece of information found here is something I wish I'd known in junior high school, high school, or even college. And I wish my parents had known more about when I was even younger than all that. I finished the book with mixed reactions though. On the one hand I feel completely validated, in a way I've never been able to grasp before, and I feel like there are definitely some simple things I can change about my life now that will help me become even better adjusted to daily existence. But on the other hand, it's so frustrating to see all of this so late in life (relatively speaking). If I had understood these things about myself, about many of my friends, about so many people I came into contact with, I think I could have enjoyed my childhood and early adulthood instead of constantly hoping for things to change. I can only hope now that I can still figure some of this out.
18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet.