Selina Lock's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

May 10, 12

bookshelves: fiftyfiftyme, novel
Read in May, 2012

I've been following the Sookie Stackhouse for years, since they first started appearing in the import shelves in Forbidden Planet so I enjoy checking in and seeing where the characters are now.

This book gives us a mix of Sookie trying to maintain her day-to-day life, worry about the love lives of her friends, support her pregnant friend Tara and deal with multiple supernatural threats and plots rearing their heads. Definitely not a book for those unfamiliar with the back stories as we get intrigues coming at us from the vamps, weres and fae.

Earlier actions and murders come back to haunt Eric, Sookie, Bill & Pam when King of Louisiana Felipe comes to visit. While the stranded fae gather at Hooligans under the guidance of Sookie's fairy relations Claude and Dermot, and they're starting to get bored and dangerous. Meanwhile Sam's girlfriend werewolf enforcer Jannalyn ha got it in for Sookie.

Like Sookie I was a little confused and bemused by all these plot threads a couple of times but it all becomes clearer by the end. And what an ending?! Hopefully there won't be any hitting of the reset button after several major changes at the end of the book and we'll get to see where Sookie gets up to next...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.