Mara's Reviews > Vanish

May 10, 2012

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 2 1/2 stars
If I was 14 years old, I would eat this story right up. However, I am a bit older than 14 and found myself rolling my eyes A LOT.

This quote sums up my problem with the book:
"Your Grandmother?" This is the first I had heard of a grandmother, but then, Will and I still don't know a lot about each other. We know the big things. The secrets. The little stuff sort of got lost within all of that and my heart aches for all the small things waiting to be discovered if we could just be together..."

So Jacinda is willing to risk everything and everyone to be with someone she barely knows. Guess what girl? You might not like the "little stuff". I also get frustrated by the whole "loving the guy who is so wrong for me/ wants to kill me" story line. I also hated how cruel and insensitive Jacinda was to Cassian after she ran away with Will. It is like she is trying to throw the whole relationship back in his face, when he has been nothing but kind and protective toward her. (You can choose a different guy but just be a little sensitive about it.)

Like I said, if I was 14 I would think this was the best, most romatic book ever. But when you are old enough to know better it is frustrating.
Having said all that, I will read the third one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

Alexandria I know how you feel!! I read this and I was like "NOTHING HAPPENED!!!" It was a book about her being whiny and dumb. I rated this a two star too because of the 'plot.' And I hated how after everything Cassian did she just threw it all back in his face like it didn't even matter.