Bronwyn Trusty's Reviews > A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life

A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life by Dana Reinhardt

May 10, 12

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book. I've never had somebody close in my life who has been adopted so it was an interesting and insightful story to read.
Simone, already going through the typical teenager life challenges and learning experiences, struggles through more than your regular teenager. Being adopted, growing with friends, and dealing with family, and religion, she's going through complex life situations and finding herself. The ending was sad, but I felt that Simone was getting through a difficult stage in her life and finally reached a place of understanding and maturity.
There is a strong theme of religion in this book, which I do not think is a bad thing, but it would be difficult to teach in schools. I think students, especially students who are adopted or know people who have been adopted, can make a connection with this story and because of this, I would recommend it to my students.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life.