Sayoko's Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, erotic, romantic
Read in August, 2012

"The Siren" is an engrossing, memorable read. Utterly honest and heartfelt. No tricks or shortcuts here: this book has life and blood.
It's not "romance" and in my opinion it's not even "erotica". It certainly has romantic and erotic elements, but it's also more than that.

Tiffany Reisz has real talent. Along with a distinctive voice and top-notch writing, she has the rare gift of creating three-dimensional characters (well beyond the hero/heroine dynamic), and making you care for them.

I am very fascinated by the spiritual side of her characters, something that is usually missing in modern-day fiction. I'm even more intrigued by the BDSM side, which is far more real and nuanced than the usual reads. I mean, this isn't some "naughty spanking fantasy" presented as "BDSM". It can definitely shock readers who have rarely strayed from romance (especially since there are many who think of 'erotica' only as a subgenre of romance- WRONG).

Nora is the heroine every smart reader was waiting for. She's witty, beautiful and confident, but she also has a vulnerable side.
I am team Søren all the way: I need to know *everything* about him, his past and the psychological dynamics behind his role as a dominant.
I also fell a little in love with Zach. The free-read "The Teacher" was great, but I would love an entire book about him :D

I'm so glad I've found a new favorite author, and I can't wait to read the next books in the series. Particularly Book Number Five(@_@)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.