zxvasdf's Reviews > A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1

A Game of Thrones by Daniel Abraham

May 10, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

I think the only relevant thing about this is the introduction by RR Martin. Naturally he expounds his successes, but he said something significant about how an idea (like the Game of Thrones, for instance) can be spread across several mediums, and how these mediums approach the narrative in their unique ways. Martin beseeches the reader to accept the tale the way it is told, for it is being done the best way it can fit for the medium, and use this as a springboard to explore the story in the other mediums.

A friend of mine fervently recommended A Game of Thrones to me half a decade or so ago, before all this hoo-hah with the HBO series. His eyes glinted with the madness. I wasn't to realize it, but the madness has overtaken a large fanbase, some of whom went as far as to slander Martin for not releasing the latest sequel on time. Whoo, talk about being committed. When your fans know more about the story than you, the stress has got to be unbelievable. Anyways, it has taken me so many tries to get into the Game of Thrones, but after reading this, I just might try again and go for the gold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.