Maghon Thomas's Reviews > River Road

3382002
Dec 24, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, review-4-author
Read from November 15 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy

I LOVE THIS SERIES!! I don’t even know if its necessary to say any other words other than that!! Welcome back to all the wonderful characters that have me up way to late, continue to give me so much connection, and an author who is truly a native- AND you can tell! It’s her wonderfully flawless writing that keeps me on edge the whole time and makes me want to scream at others, but I’m addicted! I just finished this book and I’m ready for my next hit

DJ is still in full force and I love her even more. She’s learned so much in the last few years since everything has happened and the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina may have ebbed off but are still a force to recon with. I love her attitude. She had a soft hearted side but a tough side just as big. And her awesome sarcastic self banter is HILARIOUS! When she begins reasoning with herself with what’s going on, and just how much the $(!& has hit the fan, she says some of the funniest things. Her attraction to Jean, Alex, and Jake are all completely understandable and some days I’d love to be her just to stand around and drool. LOL

DJ’s has also had some great character growth. She’s been through quite an ordeal in the past, and even though she had a shock in learning what she did, she’s still learning that there’s even more secrets- Louisiana has mer people! WOAH!! I have a whole new outlook to the river passing along my house feeding in to the Gulf hahahaha She’s learning that she can stand on her own, but it’s also ok to ask for help when you need it. She’s really become one of those characters I’ve grown so fond of!

Lets talk HAWT guys for a second, or ten! First there’s Alex. I do like him. He’s extremely attractive, he’s smart, he’s manly, he’s got a hot body, and every once in a while you get to see that even though he wears all black, he’s got several shades to him and then there’s Jean Lafitte… Hello HOT French pirate!! Yeah he’s sexy, in the dead, really bad boy way LOL he’s always got an angle to work but he’ll let you know that he’s the most important thing in his life. He’s full of innuendos and exudes sex appeal like Cajun food has spices! And last, BUT certainly not least, there’s Jake…. I’m on book boyfriend heaven! I’m thrilled to say, it seems as Jake is going to be sticking around! He’s my beautiful soul man, and I love the way he throws around pet names and is just cuter than ever. His struggles with what happened in the last book had me salivating to get my hands on this book since I was done with Royal Street!

The surprises surrounding the mer people plot was AWESOME!! Nothing like some twists to keep you awake and needing to know what happens next! Ms Johnson’s writing has become one of my most favorite to read. It’s just spectacular! There’s nothing like a good feeling while enjoying everything she writes. If you haven’t picked up a book by Ms Johnson yet, you’ve gone crazy! This means GO RIGHT NOW!! Get a copy, and then send me a thanks for telling you about something wonderful LOL!! There’s no option but to say 5 MAJORLY FANTASTIC PAWS!! Ms Johnson, I will try my hardest to wait patiently until you give me more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Road.