Leovic Rapirap's Reviews > Flipped

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

F_50x66
May 17, 12

Read from May 10 to 14, 2012

And that did it. Even, I myself just flipped. And just like Juli Baker, I fell in love with Bryce Loski all over again. Kudos to Wendelin Van Draanen and to the director of the movie, Rob Reiner for having a job well-done on the adaptation. One of the best book adaptations, I must say. :)

I could see myself in both of the characters, Bryce and Juli, the fact that they both aren't quite sure about their feelings. I succumbed to the realism of the scenes. It's just so amusing to be acquainted with the innocence the story transcends. It was funny, heart-breaking and inspiring. A tween or a teenager could clearly relate to it and an adult would smile reading the book, for reminiscing a bunch of silly stuff love once brought someone into. I recommend it to any age bracket!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flipped.

Quotes Leovic Liked

Wendelin Van Draanen
“...Next time you're faced with a choice, do the right thing. It hurts everyone less in the long run.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“To by held above the earth and be brushed by the wind," she said,"it's like your heart has been kissed by beauty.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss...." He turned to me. "But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“My heart stopped. It just stopped beating. And for the first time in my life, I had that feeling. You know, like the world is moving all around you, all beneath you, all inside you, and you're floating. Floating in midair. And the only thing keeping you from drifting away is the other person's eyes. They're connected to yours by some invisible physical force, and they hold you fast while the rest of the world swirls and twirls and falls completely away.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“If chaos is a necessary step in the organization of one's universe, then I was well on my way.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“All of a sudden I didn't fit in anywhere. Not at school, not at home...and every time I turned around, another person I'd known forever felt like a stranger to me. Even I felt like a stranger to me.”

Wendelin Van Draanen
“It's easy to look back and see it, and it's easy to give the advice. But the sad fact is, most people don't look beneath the surface until it's too late.”