Nitzan Schwarz's Reviews > Just One Wish

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

Aug 29, 14

bookshelves: contemporary
Read on May 10, 2012, read count: 1

To read more reviews and fun things go to my blog; Drugs Called Books!

I am very conflicted about this read.
First, I thought I wouldn't finish this book. The first half of the story drove me crazy, and I considered just stopping. But then the second half was quite good, so I thought I'd be giving this higher stars, but then--no, ending came and I both liked and hated it. Regretfully, in the end I could just really say "It was Ok". I know many people liked this but for me this was just... Well, see for yourselves:

I actually typed down my complaints as I read the first half, which went like this:
(view spoiler)
Things were a bit boring and much unrealistic, which made me be a bit… anti. I thought this was going to be a really cute read from the summery, but for the first half it just wasn't.
Then came the second half (with Steve) and things started happening. It started getting good—then it ended. Nothing felt closed;
(view spoiler)
I know this is meant to be somewhat of a realistic ending (which is preposterous, in my opinion, as most of the events in this story are quite farfetched), but while it was cute (the whole "I won't tell Robin's-girlfriend-what's-her-name" part) I couldn't believe that's where the author chose to end this. It was somewhat… bitter. I wanted more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Wish.