Eric Kibler's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Jul 05, 12

liked it
Read from May 10 to July 05, 2012

Merely good. It would be wrong to say I expected more, since Stephen King often delivers books that, although they tell a story well, fall short of the suspense and emotional resonance of his best books.

Fans of the Dark Tower series take note: this is not an essential part of the main story. This book picks up in the middle of the saga, after book four. While holed up to wait out a storm, Roland tells his crew a pair of stories, one nested inside the other. One is an adventure from Roland's youth. The other is more of a fairy tale, but one that impacts the lore of the Gunslingers.

If you've never read the Dark Tower books, don't start with this one. Don't even think you need to read it, because you don't. But if you're already a fan of the books, check it out, but with lowered expectations. Have a visit with your old ka-tet: Roland, Eddie, Susannah, and Jack. Sit around the campfire. Have yourself a gunslinger burrito and enjoy some storytelling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Glad I saw your review. I just picked it up to read, but I do not like the Dark Tower series... have read 2 or 3 of them and I'm done. Thanks Eric, for saving me from reading it. I'll wait and read something else. ;O)