Kimberly Russell's Reviews > Why We Broke Up

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: audio, contemporary-ya
Read from July 07 to 12, 2012

This book. I don't even know where to start. Sigh. I'll attempt to get a real sentence out now. --- This is why I read, I love when books make me feel something. I was totally thinking of a bad breakup I had in HS. This whole book was a trip down memory lane for me. I guess I was just wondering; am I the only person who didn't want them to break up? Ed was very teenage boy to me, but I liked him. I knew where the plot was going from the beginning (and not because I read the title) but I hated, I mean hated the way the book ended.

I was all ready to send an email to goodreads and ask them if they could add more stars to the existing 5 but not after that ending. If he could have just written like 500 more words this would be a 5 star book for me.

It might be a little sexist of me, but I'm really surprised a guy wrote this book. I didn't read like it was written by a man. Well, except for the names of the characters: Ed, Al, and Min, those seem like names a guy would give characters.

Edited Review - I probably should not write reviews when my emotions are high. I bumped the book up another star. I still don't like the ending but it shouldn't take way from the whole book.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Broke Up.

Quotes Kimberly Liked

Daniel Handler
“I was stupid, the official descriptive phrase for happy.”
Daniel Handler, Why We Broke Up

07/07/2012 "Is it illegal to marry a book? ::looks up Texas laws::"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer u crack me up

Kimberly Russell Im such a spaz. :)