Bethany's Reviews > The Serpent's Shadow

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

May 14, 12

bookshelves: rick-riordan, indep-reader, sci-fi-fantasy, 2012-reads
Read in May, 2012

Somehow I did not realize that this was the 3rd and last book! I kind of had a suspicion given the intro and then, as the book progressed, you could tell it was leading towards the end, but I was in total denial till I got to the end. Even after reading the end (basically says, "That's it"), I still thought, "When's the next one?" I actually had to sit there for a few minutes to have it sink in that this was the last one! How sad I am too!

I really enjoyed this series immensely and look forward to Riordan's next series since he seems to be hitting upon all my childhood loves (Greek, Roman, and Egyptian mythology/history). I thought the ending was good, but the way he solved Sadie's love issues was rather...sneaky. Hmm...I'm still not sure how I really feel about that, but it's clever, I suppose. I do really like Anubis, though. The book is rather fast paced and moves at a nice pace. I actually finished the book in 24 hours I loved it so much. It does have a very "nice" ending, but given it's a children's series, you can't have it be a downer or something! So, yes, things finish in a really neat way, but I think it works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serpent's Shadow.