Jerry Fultz's Reviews > Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars: A Leadership Fable about Destroying the Barriers That Turn Colleagues Into Competitors

Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars by Patrick Lencioni

May 13, 2012

Read from May 09 to 13, 2012

Another outstanding read from Lencioni.

The thematic goal outlined is an incredibly useful paradigm for organizations and for families (see his book The Three Big Questions For A Frantic Family - it basically applies these concepts to family life).

I also appreciate his focus on crisis. A crisis is a very clarifying event in the life of an individual, an organization or a family. That the same clarity can be achieved - sans panic - by approaching near term goals "as if" we were in crisis is very helpful to me.

This is the 5th or 6th Lencioni book I've read in the past 6 months. It's difficult to underestimate the practical, day-to-day impact his books have had on my leadership and on our organization. I, and we, are developing a cleaner line of sight into better practices. These books are providing a great deal of clarity for us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars.