Melindeeloo's Reviews > The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale

The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine  Bell

May 09, 2012

bookshelves: time-travel
Read from May 09 to 14, 2012

Stormy thinks there is something fishy about the strange man buying thermometers, and the fact that she thinks he's a time traveler and decides to start stalking him, is going to land her brother, Bacon - yes, Bacon - in a whole lot of trouble.

I enjoyed The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale despite the fact that I was expecting steampunk and got a time travel story instead. I didn't realize coming into the story that this is book 2, which apparently had stronger steampunk elements to go with the timetravel, but even though I was new to Bell's series, I didn't have an issue coming up to speed with the characters and the world-building – although I do suspect that might have enjoyed the story more if I'd already been invested in the Stormy and crew.

Still, I liked the story and the way that Stormy and her hubby manage to pull Bacon's bacon out the fire was especially fun and now, all of the references to events in the first book has made me curious, so I may just need to hunt down a copy of book one, The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale.

ARC Carina Press via NetGalley - release date 5/28
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale.