Tarryn Fisher's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

May 23, 12

Read from May 21 to 23, 2012

I hated this book. JUST KIDDING!
Let's start with Lake (I feel like I can call her Lake since I know her so well). Many authors-huge, famous authors-write characters that make me roll my eyes...scrunch up my nose...close the book and not miss them-EVER. Lake was not one of those characters. She was literary flesh and bone. She was "cool" and funny and deep. Most of all, I believed she was eighteen. We all know what Will was, so I won't go there.

Maybe I WILL

I want him

You know what else I want? Accolades for another rising Indie author that wrote a novel better than 99.9% of the novels on the shelves. The writing was flawless. Her characters were perfectly imperfect (hello Layken and Eddie giggling and making Chuck Norris jokes in detention).

I am a notorious book snob. I read only the best, I recommend only the best. I cannot say enough about both the creativity, originality and depth of Slammed. A book that surely rises above all of its competition and SLAMS them in the face. I would urge Colleen Hoover to contact Stepehenie Meyer and perhaps offer her some lessons on character development and plot structuring. I would urge Colleen Hoover to keep writing stories and creating characters for those of us who are death to sick of boring, insipid characters (see I'm so clever).

Or maybe Colleen is the clever one, because this book has set itself so far apart authors will be trying to catch it for years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

05/21/2012
10.0% "Well, I like Layken. That's a plus, since I'm kind of a character snob."
10.0% "Oooh, nice 'tight spot' to put them in." 2 comments
20.0% "Hello, awsome sexual tension..." 2 comments
50.0% "When they Slam it makes me itchy and uncomfortable." 1 comment
05/22/2012
70.0% "I know everyone makes a fuss about the hot "bad boys" but seriously, how can you not fall for Will?" 1 comment
05/23/2012
70.0% "So she can be a hemroid-bahahahaha!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza This is such a great book!

Tarryn Fisher I keep seeing great reviews on it. So long as the writing is better than Fifty Shades, I'll read it :)

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Oh goodness, they wouldn't even be in the same category! I am so tired of hearing about 50 Shades!

Jenny - totallybookedblog no competition! Slammed is amazing!

Happy What a great review! The book was awesome!!! Apparently she is working on Eddie's story!!

Amanda (.---.--.-...-) You'll enjoy the second book, Point of Retreat, as well. Have fun!

Karen Ditto!!!!!

Sara Z hahah Tarryn, your review made me laugh, u r effing clever. That review alone made me want to read Slammed.

Tarryn Fisher If you like YA it is one of the best. Do it.

Meghan So good hey! Lake is awesome for us snobs.

Tarryn Fisher What's your story about Meghan?

Jenny - totallybookedblog totally agree with the indie author comment. Colleen nailed it and this books was hands down better than some of the traditionally published works I've read.

Great review!

Maggi I adored this book! I agree, Lake is one of my favorite characters of late. I absolutely LOVED Eddie, so I am anxiously awaiting her story.

Rebecca Loved this book!! Hands down one of the best books out there, along with its sequal Point of Retreat. Both a must read!!