Jeanne's Reviews > Sing Them Home

Sing Them Home by Stephanie Kallos

Jan 19, 09

Recommended to Jeanne by: PW
Read in January, 2009

Wow! I don't even know where to start. This is a very special novel; I haven't read anything this good in a long time.

Our story begins with the death of Llewellyn Jones, the mayor of Emlyn Springs, Nebraska. His death brings together the three Jones children: Larken, Gaelan, and Bonnie. Larken is now a respected professor of art history at the University of Nebraska, Gaelan is the hunky weatherman for KLAN-KHAM, and Bonnie is the town eccentric of Emlyn Springs.

Each sibling has his/her own complex and intriguing story, as well as a part in the family's tragic past. You see, their mother, Hope, was blown away in the tornado of 1978, never to be seen again. Everyone assumes that she is dead, but no evidence exists to prove it.

As the siblings come together, their lives start to unravel. It is as though tragedy follows them. As you read, you will feel their pain and wish that you could help them.

This is an excellent novel. The character development is amazing, the setting is incredible, and the plot contains pleasant surprises. I highly recommend Sing Them Home.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Them Home.

01/14/2009 page 41