Reeses's Reviews > Outpost

Outpost by Ann Aguirre

Feb 10, 13

bookshelves: own
Recommended for: People trying to get into zombie books
Read from January 22 to 28, 2013 — I own a copy

Deuce has finally found her way back to civilization with all her friends in-tacked, or so it seems. Living in Salvation is a lot harder than it seems, at least for Deuce.

Deuce is a fighter, it's all she knows how to do, all she was taught. In Salvation? That means nothing. Now she must learn how to sew, to cook, to clean, and learn inside of schools where both the students and the teacher loathe and make fun of her.

The only thing keeping her sanity together is Stalker, who spares with her at night and sometimes they go to the wall together to get a conscientious on the Mutie or Freak population. And while Stalker would like nothing else than to be with Deuce as a couple, Deuce's heart belongs to someone else. Someone who won't talk to her, Fade.

When school finally lets out Deuce asks Fade and Stalker to join her in guarding the farmers against the mutie's that could harm them. When they agree Deuce finally comes out and tells Fade how she really feels, bringing them together in what they call "kissing rights." Spending days outside with a bunch of men who have no training in fighting nor patients to be outside Salvation isn't a good time to be had.

When Deuce and her friends finally realize that the Muties are becoming smarter, they know something is terrible is going to happen, they just have no idea what. When disaster finally strikes all of Salvation is shaken and there seems to be little hope left for any of them.

Needless to say this book was absolutely amazing. There wasn't much time in Outpost where my heart wasn't racing from fear, because that's how much suspense was just radiation off the page. Ann Aguirre keeps readers guessing even after the last pages as to whether Deuce and her friends will survive. This books is so jam packed with emotion, suspense, and thrill I could barely put the book down. I'm pretty sure I was reading this book when I was supposed to be doing my homework, oops. So worth it.

I have to say while I was skeptical of even starting this series because I loathe everything zombie, I truly enjoyed these books and if anyone is like me I have to say these books aren't terrible when it comes to the zombies, heavy on the gross though.

Hope everyone picks up this series and tries it at least once!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outpost.