Jamie's Reviews > Unholy Night

Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

May 09, 2012

Read from September 16 to 24, 2012

Seth Grahame-Smith did a wonderful job with this story. I almost didn't read it, but I decided to give it a chance since I liked all his other books.

I had no issues with this, there was no religion bashing, no sides taken. It was just a story about the time and how the Wise Men are not what they seemed...

The story mostly centers around Balthazar, a thief so skilled that his nickname is The Antioch Ghost. He meets Gaspar and Melchyor in prison, and they soon become the protectors of Mary, Joseph and Jesus. He fights to save them from Herod, fending off undead, locusts and whole armies. All the main characters from the time of the Bible make an appearance, which is kind of cool, they all get their own personality.

This book is pretty gory, people get their intestines ripped out and throats cut. Innocent bystanders are killed for nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I found that it really added to the story and made it real, but it may not be for the faint of heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unholy Night.