Carolyn's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

May 31, 12

Read from May 09 to 13, 2012

Yes! Now this is what sci fi should be! Tantalizing to the brain, great prose from page one, somewhat depressing, and FULL of heart above all things. A real throw-back to the golden age. I am about half way through, and I am thrilled by it! But I won't star it 'til I'm done.

Highly addictive. I recommend it to anyone who yearns for the yesteryears of sci fi. Yes, there is some sadness, yes there is some violence, but there is great hope throughout, and this ends on a very, very optimistic note... almost too much so for my usual taste, but honestly I feel it was necessary here, given the scenario of the series.

And a very exciting series it was. I was literally jumping up and down saying "Yes! Yes!!" regularly, and dancing around, much to the amusement of my husband.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy What on earth would it have taken for you to have given it five stars then?? Free money?

message 2: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 13, 2012 06:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn Heh, that's what my husband said too. Truth be told, I loved this little series but could never put it on the scale of life changing literature for which I reserve the magical 5th star.