Sadie's Reviews > The Everafter

The Everafter by Amy Huntley

May 09, 12

Read in May, 2012

I really liked the Everafter/Heaven/state-of-being that Huntley created. It's well written and thought out. Her after-world is even supported by scientific hypothesis and theories: "Ms. Winters has moved on to talking about how everything in the universe is connected in ways that can't always be seen or understood. This has something to do with photons behaving like both particles and waves . . . that at the subatomic level no time has to pass for one particle to know about and be affected by what's happening to another" (Huntley 106).

The main reason I only "like" this book and didn't think "it was amazing" is because the connection between Gabe and Maddy just wasn't there. It is when they are at the wedding and they share an intimate and embarrassing moment together. Maddy is ill and Gabe is there to take care of her but he ends up ruining it by accidentally pulling her out of her dress. Plus, Maddy is horrified that she throws-up in front of him. These characters share a REAL moment rather than a PERFECT Hollywood-like romance moment. Then that connection I feel between them is tainted by the many of Maddy's "memories" where Dana is very jealous of Gabe and Maddy's relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Everafter.