Grace Fonseca's Reviews > Bedding Lord Ned

Bedding Lord Ned by Sally MacKenzie

May 09, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Utterly charming and hilarious. The humor made this book a lot more charming. I really found that this book made me smile and laugh. The two main characters are so different that you don’t think they are going to work, but they do in a very surprising way.

I think part of the charm of Ellie or “Nell” as she is called is that even though everyone claims she wears hideous frocks, there is a side of her that is very adventurous, especially once her red drawers are found. It is a very interesting turn of the events thanks to Reggie. Reggie is the dog and quite a mischief maker. I like books with dogs, because I’m a dog lover.

The other thing is that Ned is sometimes a little blind to what is right in front of him. He loves Cecily, his dead wife and holds on to her memory, but realizes that he does have feelings for Ellie. I think part of the problem is that he’s always seen her as a sister, but that changes once the red-drawers are discovered. Ned’s curiosity is definitely aroused.

I mean hilarious characters, great one liners. A cast of interesting characters. Plus some characters that get in the way of our two main characters, but what makes it even better is the way that these two people get together. Nothing can stop love when you are meant to be together.

The love scenes were intense and great in a way that I mean once they get together, it’s a perfect blend of passion and love. I enjoyed the humor and the setting. The characters were really enjoyable. I would love to see more of this author and the series.

Rating: Four Hearts
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedding Lord Ned.