Christy's Reviews > Submerged

Submerged by Dani Pettrey

Jul 03, 12

Read from June 13 to July 02, 2012

What a fabulously suspenseful novel from debut author Dani Pettrey!! Never before have I read a book with such a great mix of historical elements balanced against heart-pounding action. Considering that Dani's novel was set in Alaska, it wasn't far-fetched to include some intriguing Russian components, and believe me, they made the story. I normally shy away from Russian history or talk of czars and such in fiction, but the way it was presented here was so very interesting! Dani may have just gotten me a little farther outside my comfort zone in books here... :o)

The only thing (and truly, this really was the only thing) that I didn't care for were the character's names. With the exception of one or two, they were all a bit too faddish for me, and truthfully, a bit difficult to tell them apart in the beginning. I'm hoping for at least a few people to have more normal names in book two.

In spite of that one qualm, I can't wait to see what Dani has in store for these Alaska folks next! My guess is that it will be another gripping adventure full of twists and turns, and it'll be great for this reader to make a return trip to Yancey. :o)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Submerged.