Sammee (I Want to Read That)'s Reviews > 1.4

Sep 26, 12

bookshelves: for-review-read
Read in May, 2012

4.5 Stars

1.4 is the next book in the Point 4 series but it could easily be read on its own as a standalone. It's clever, kind of creepy and definitely a book I would recommend!

Set far into the future, where some believe the Kyle Straker tapes to be a thing of fiction and some a reality, Peter Vincent doesn't know what to think when he starts to uncover a possible conspiracy...

Mike Lancaster has a really assessable style of writing which drew me straight into the story. Despite the 'futuristic' nature of the book I still completely identified with the characters - I was bit worried at first I wouldn't. But I really liked Peter and Alpha and love the way they fight for what they think is important.

Again, as with 0.4, I'm finding it hard to know what to say without giving away too many spoilers. Those of you who have read O.4 will have a good idea what to expect with this one - it has a very similar vibe to 0.4. I wasn't sure the author would be able to match the first story's intensity but he does. The ideas behind this one are really clever and I really enjoyed the way it all unfolds.

Completely compelling - this is the perfect blend of science fiction and thriller. I can't wait to read more by this author!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1.4.