Anna-karin's Reviews > The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Jul 27, 12

Read from July 04 to 27, 2012

I got to the point in the book where I had to start skimming. Most of what she shared was fluff or personal experiences that really didn't enhance the points she was making. It was like reading a self-help article that wouldn't end. She had a few really insightful points, but besides that, it was kind of like listening to someone talk who doesn't know when to stop. If she had had more interesting or poignant things to say, it would have been less painful to sift through. She did have a handful of good quotes from others, but unfortunately, I consider those the high point of the book. The one thing that I will really take away from this is the idea of a one-sentence journal (where you only write one sentence per day).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiness Project.

message 1: by Mieka (new)

Mieka How funny-- I just picked this up at the library last night because I thought the title was inspiring! Thanks for the review so I won't get my hopes up :)

Anna-karin It's too bad, because there were some good parts, but a fair amount of it felt like reading someone's personal journal or listening to a long conversation -- the editor definitely wasn't worried about the book being concise.