Heather's Reviews > Gilt

Gilt by Katherine Longshore

May 14, 12

bookshelves: teen, read2012
Read in May, 2012

A fun historical fiction novel. I had to brush up on my history to get all of Henry the VIII's wives straight and figure out where Kitty fit into the story. (Catherine Howard, Kitty's best friend is wife #5). I did find myself being completely annoyed with Kitty. She has no backbone and lets everyone run her over--especially Cat. If she had shown just a little bit of self-confidence, I may have liked the book even more.

Summary: When Kitty Tylney's best friend, Catherine Howard, worms her way into King Henry VIII's heart and brings Kitty to court, she's thrust into a world filled with fabulous gowns, sparkling jewels, and elegant parties. No longer stuck in Cat's shadow, Kitty's now caught between two men--the object of her affection and the object of her desire. But court is also full of secrets, lies, and sordid affairs, and as Kitty witnesses Cat's meteoric rise and fall as queen, she must figure out how to keep being a good friend when the price of telling the truth could literally be her head.

Gilt comes out tomorrow-May 15th.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gilt.