Oceana Fern's Reviews > Destroy Me

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Jan 27, 13

bookshelves: paranormal-romance-fiction, young-adult, owned, e-books, science-fiction-romance, four-stars
Recommended to Oceana Fern by: Moi.
Recommended for: those who didn't like SHATTER ME's writing
Read from October 02 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy

3.5

| vlog review |

There is no hiding that I thoroughly enjoyed SHATTER ME, insane writing style and all. I have no regrets and it is not one of my guilty pleasures.

DESTROY ME tells the story of Warner right after the events of Shatter Me and right before UNRAVEL ME. He must overcome the possible threat of a rebellion in his sector, deal with the arrival of his asshole father, and try to quit falling every time he reads Juliet's journal find Juliet before she is found ... and punished.

But, the most interesting part of this series is Warner. His obsession with Juliet is undeniably fascinating and the way he sees things is disturbing... but you can tell there's more to him than what Tahereh lets on, and you get to see some of it in DESTROY ME.

He's cruel and terrifying, but there is a softer side to him, and seemingly, abuse from his father and his life has taken its toll on him.

The way he tells his story is very calculated, crystal-clear manner, unlike Juliet's run-on sentences, paragraphs of detail, and 'thoughtful' point of view.

I am not 'Team Warner', but he can identify with Juliet so well, and I think he understands her better than Adam does. All I could do was feel bad for him. Or laugh when he spent half of the book naked.

Overall, I liked DESTROY ME very much and look forward to the next installment.>

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Me.

10/02/2012
1.0% "Excitement. <3" 4 comments
10/02/2012 page 13
8.0% "Lol, I don't know why, but imagining Warner naked is making me laugh right now.

I'm sorry, Warner, but it's funny..." 10 comments
10/02/2012 page 50
33.0% "So far, here are two sentences that've made me flinch:

What a beautiful disaster.

... the shades of grey in the concrete.
" 4 comments
10/02/2012 page 60
40.0% "I'm really starting to seriously wonder if Warner has some delicate-bone disease. He keeps on falling."
10/02/2012 page 65
43.0% "Awww, poor Warner. =(

I'm eating a whole bowl of vanilla icecream for you, sweetheart."
10/02/2012 page 65
43.0% "Warner's naked again?!

OI, KATJA, COME SEE!" 4 comments
10/02/2012 page 69
46.0% "Warner, I will personally cut your legs off if you fall one more time."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Oh naked Warner... I must be buying this book. In all his insanely acts, he's still sexy as hell and so much better than the other love interest. (view spoiler)

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) IFKR! I loved this book! *_*

Katy Still Team Adam, too.

Zuleeza "GO LOOK".

Yes, master.

*Several minutes later*

LOL! Your face expression whenever you said 'naked'.

Priceless.

Oceana Fern Lol, Zuz. Now I must go see myself.

Oceana Fern EWWWWWWW

I haven't even done that many vlogs and I could tell how terrible that one was.

Zuleeza You should vlog all your reviews, Oceana! :D

Zuleeza Eh, that wasn't terrible at all. Stop being conscious!

Oceana Fern Zuleeza wrote: "You should vlog all your reviews, Oceana! :D"

I'm going to start trying to when I go back to my dad's. I vlog some, but not all, because sometimes I don't have anything to say.

Fine, fine, fine! I still think it was crap.

Zuleeza LOL! If only I could tag Lisbeth... I'm pretty sure she also thinks you're a fab vlogger. :)

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Here I am!! *waves arms* I do think you're a fabulous vlogger! It was amazing!

Zuleeza The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Here I am!! *waves arms* I do think you're a fabulous vlogger! It was amazing!"

Hey! Hey! I have this idea. Don't you guys live near each other or something? Maybe you could co-vlog together occasionally!

Now, that'll be epic.

Oceana Fern We live nowhere near each other. Sadly.

She has been in one of my vlogs, though, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT

*sobbing*

But she actually will be in lots of mine, since we have an announcement coming up. Even though I think you all know already.

My new vlog is up, BTW. I have a troll and he disliked it. <.<

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} We don't live by each other :( I would so be in every one of her vlogs. Personally that is. I'll be a guest star in some more soon. :)

Zuleeza aaaaAAAAAAaaaaaa...I already watched that vlog but I didn't watch it full LOL! Sorry~

*confession bear mode*

I don't even own a YouTube account...

Anyway, you have to name the video with something like Oceana feat Lisbeth or something like that!!! Tee hee

Btw Lisbeth sounds so sexy LOL!

message 16: by Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (last edited Dec 14, 2012 06:37PM) (new) - added it

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Hahaha, I'm only there for a minute before I had school xD I only have a youtube account for MrRepzion really. Oceana is nice.

message 17: by Oceana Fern (last edited Dec 14, 2012 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oceana Fern The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Hahaha, I'm only there for a minute before I had school xD I only have a youtube account for MrRepzion really. Oceana is nice too.
Lisbeth is a sexy name, ask Oceana. She'd agree. ;)"

Lisbeth was complaining about how awful she sounded, and I was like, "ERMAGERDS SHUT UP YOU SOUND FINE".

Told you! You sounded great.

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Guess who totally misunderstood what she meant by "Lisbeth sounds sexy"? *headdssk* No, no she doesn't. She sounds terrible. Totally not sexy.

Zuleeza The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Guess who totally misunderstood what she meant by "Lisbeth sounds sexy"? *headdssk* No, no she doesn't. She sounds terrible. Totally not sexy."

Come on! That husky voice with that pixie cut hair? You're lucky I don't have a younger brother. Otherwise, I'll forced you to go out with him.

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Zuleeza wrote: "The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Guess who totally misunderstood what she meant by "Lisbeth sounds sexy"? *headdssk* No, no she doesn't. She sounds terrible. Totally not sexy."

Come on! Th..."

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING PEOPLE!?!?! I don't like my voice, it sounds weird.

(view spoiler)

Zuleeza Oceana, somehow I think that guy who commented on your latest video wasn't trolling. I think he just a denial wimp who thinks unicorn and nutella fairies do exist.

Oceana Fern Zuleeza wrote: "Oceana, somehow I think that guy who commented on your latest video wasn't trolling. I think he just a denial wimp who thinks unicorn and nutella fairies do exist."

Lisbeth has a sexy voice. She knows I like it. :D

He was going around to every single thing having to do with the shooting and spamming them with those comments.

SERIOUSLY WHO BELIEVES THAT SHIT
PEOPLE ARE RETARDED

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Official Oceana wrote: "Zuleeza wrote: "Oceana, somehow I think that guy who commented on your latest video wasn't trolling. I think he just a denial wimp who thinks unicorn and nutella fairies do exist."

Lisbeth has a s..."

Well, Oceana has a sexier voice <3

That guy is crazy.

Zuleeza The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Official Oceana wrote: "Zuleeza wrote: "Oceana, somehow I think that guy who commented on your latest video wasn't trolling. I think he just a denial wimp who thinks unicorn and nutella fairies do ..."

Oceana has a sultry voice..hehe

Oceana Fern Zuleeza wrote: "The Demonic Lynx ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Official Oceana wrote: "Zuleeza wrote: "Oceana, somehow I think that guy who commented on your latest video wasn't trolling. I think he just a denial wimp w..."

You guys are literally cracking me up.

Nobody has ever told me I have a sexy or sultry voice. You guys are on something.

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} You do darling! No one tells me I have a nice voice either.

Oceana Fern I do! Zuz does.

Zuleeza Guys, if you're smoking something, we're meant to share it!

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Did you watch the trailer for Destroy Me? THE GUY ACTING AS WARNER IS TOTALLY HOT. And naked. And shirtless. In the motherfucking trailer.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MplMvd26eLo

Oceana Fern Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) wrote: "Did you watch the trailer for Destroy Me? THE GUY ACTING AS WARNER IS TOTALLY HOT. And naked. And shirtless. In the motherfucking trailer.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MplMvd26eLo"