Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)'s Reviews > Destroy Me

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Oct 12, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: WARNER FANS.
Read from October 02 to 03, 2012

UPDATE! FUCKINGAWESOME UPDATE!♥
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
My reaction: OMG OMG OMG! DYYIINNG, DYYYYIIINNG! EEEE! AAAHH! OMG! ♥__♥
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After reading this book, all I could think was,
"Hell yeah! Team Adam bitches, Warner is gonna blow you awaayy with this shit!"
Its like, I can't even write what I am feeling right now. So many emotions at once. All jumbled up. AAHH!

I was always Team Warner, from the beginning of 'Shatter Me', and I was expecting so much from this book. And I am so happy right now. Tahereh Mafi just proved how much amazing is she. The way she wrote Warner's POV, I can't even- *crys*-well not literally but still. Her writing was beyond epic in this one. This author just NAILED it. You deserve a standing ovation girl!

Talking about the book, Destroy Me shows the side of Warner, you have never seen before and everybody will be taken by surprise in the end. His feelings about Juliette are so intense. Lets just say, my mind was literally screaming and it just makes me Team Warner more. You feel sorry for him and in the end, I was like, "Go boy, get your girl from Adam! You deserve more here!"

Some scenes which I loved:
(1) Him dreaming about Juliette.
(2) When he is reading from her diary.
(3) Dreaming about Juliette again.
(4) Playing with the dog.

Best line:

"That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me."

^^
I loved loved loved this book, 5/5 stars. I am dying, literally, to read Unravel Me. Excited. Period.
Au revoir, My fellow Warner lovers! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Me.

Quotes Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“My mind is a warehouse of carefully organized human emotions.
I lock away the things that do not serve me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced. Not as a child, and not as I am now.”

Tahereh Mafi
“In just two days, one girl has managed to cripple me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“My opinions,” I say to him, quietly this time, “should not so easily break your own. Stand by your convictions. Form clear and logical arguments. Even if I disagree.”

Tahereh Mafi
“People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I have an extremely low threshold for disorder; it offends my very being.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Sometimes I close my eyes and paint these walls a different color. I imagine I’m wearing warm socks and sitting by a fire. I imagine someone’s given me a book to read, a story to take me away form the torture of my own mind. I want to be someone else somewhere else with something else to fill my mind. I want to run, to feel the wind tug at my hair. I want to pretend that this is just a story within a story. That this cell is just a scene, that these hands don’t belong to me, that this window leads to somewhere beautiful if only I could break it. I pretend this pillow is clean, I pretend this bed is soft. I pretend and pretend and pretend until the world becomes so breathtaking behind my eyelids that I can no longer contain it. But then my eyes fly open and I’m caught around the throat by a pair of hands that won’t stop suffocating suffocating suffocating. My thoughts, I think, will soon be sound. My mind, I hope, will soon be found.”

Tahereh Mafi
“There’s something simmering inside of me. Something I’ve never dared to tap into, something I’m afraid to acknowledge. There’s a part of me clawing to break free from the cage I’ve trapped it in, banging on the doors of my heart, begging to be free. Begging to let go. Every day I feel like I’m reliving the same nightmare. I open my mouth to shout, to fight, to swing my fists, but my vocal cords are cut, my arms are heavy and weighted down as if trapped in wet cement and I’m screaming but no one can hear me, no one can reach me and I’m caught. And it’s killing me. I’ve always had to make myself submissive, subservient, twisted into a pleading, passive mop just to make everyone else feel safe and comfortable. My existence has become a fight to prove I’m harmless, and I’m not a threat, that I’m capable of living among other human beings without hurting them. And I’m so tired I’m so tire I’m so tired I’m so tired and sometimes I get so angry. I don’t know what’s happening to me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I’ve come to believe that the most dangerous man in the world is the one who feels no remorse. The one who never apologizes and therefore seeks no forgiveness. Because in the end it is our emotions that make us week, not our actions.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Watching her talk to someone else made me crazy. I was jealous. Ridiculous. I wanted her to know me; I wanted her to talk to me. And I felt it then: this strange, inexplicable sense that she might be the only person in the world I could really care about.”

10/02/2012
16.0% "Melting, MELTING, MELTINGGG! *_*

are coming with me Warner. I will love you more than Juliette. :3 <3"
10/02/2012
18.0% ""That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me."
Hell yeah, hell yeah! xD <3"
10/03/2012
32.0% ""And so help me, if this turns out to be some kind of diary
concerning her thoughts and feelings about Kent, I might just throw myself out the
window."
LMAAOO! xD One moment I am all serious and the next, I am laughing my ass off, thinking what if he actually does that. Ahh, Warner. My loovee! :'D" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lara I'm team adam but still its amazing to know more about Warner, I always knew he was so misunderstood omg.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Hahaha, IKR. For me its like, I want Adam to be with Juliette, but I want Warner to have an awesome girlfriend too. xD

Lara Yes yes yes!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) And also doesn't die because of Adam or Juliette -.-

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ yeah totally.. if he dies i am killing someone... and instead of getting another girl he can kick adam's a** and get juliette... i like adam i really do.. but it's warner really...

Becky i personally think warners love for juliette is so much deeper than adams and especially after reading destroy me you can tell he understands her more i think

Lara Jennifer wrote: "Yes. Adam and Juliette belong together, but that doesn't mean Warner doesn't deserve someone too..I hope this doesn't turn into yet another typical triangle. I hope Warner can find someone to love ..."

THIS. I really don't want any love triangle, but I doubt that would happen. I don't think Juliette could love anyone more than Adam tbh.

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads) I NEED the next book! Ahhh <3

Mélodie where did you find it ???? I really want to read it but it's only available as an ebook... whatever that is.... How can i find it ???