Brandi's Reviews > An Untimely Love

An Untimely Love by Tendai Huchu

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, religious, controversial-tough-topic
Read from May 09 to June 20, 2012

Going into this book I really didn't know what to expect and honestly if it was my type of read. This book was amazing. There aren't many romance books that can surprise me or that don't fit into the regulated categories. You know: supernatural, cowboys, Native Americans, Victorian, or contemporary. An Untimely Love has broken the mold and ventured into untried territory (as far as I know). First off, this book is told from the male point of view of Khalid. That in itself is different for a romance novel. Throw in the fact that the main characters are terrorists and you have quite a mix. From the very beginning readers are able to connect to Khalid. You can feel his emotion, sense of duty, honor, loyalty, and devotion. Behind all of that is a feeling of doubt that explored throughout the book. Then there is Smokey. Her character stunned me and confounded me at times and in a good way. She stretched my stereotypical views and had me constantly trying to decipher her true motives. As for the plot of the story when you think you know what will happen...don't get too comfortable. Khalid and Smokey are kind of like the star crossed lovers. If something can go wrong it probably will. This book is truly a gem waiting to be discovered. Beyond the romance that drives the book is a broader and more important story about the power of faith, fanaticism, and the power of love and change. The writing is beautiful. You don't just read the book, you become the character. I look forward to reading more by this author. If you want to try something new and wonderful give An Untimely Love by Tendai Huchu a chance. This book gets a 4 1/2 STAR rating.

***I received this book for review from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Untimely Love.

05/11/2012