Athena's Reviews > The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes

Sep 16, 08

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in September, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised to find a paranormal romance by Jennifer Crusie, the author of one of my all time favorite contemporary romance books, Bet Me.
She co-authors this one, but the book is seamless. Fun and light, with magical mayhem. It's about three sisters and their long awaited confrontation with their murdering, wayward, evil, magic sucking aunt.
However, not all the male characters have a great presence. Poor Danny seems to get shorthanded on the spine department. I was expecting a big anti-magic scene from him, but he just rolls over like a besotted puppy. It was sick really. A few things here and there don't make sense, but overall it was fun to read. One of the cute scenes involve the oldest sister who has an uncontrollable power to morph into her would-be lover's mother image. Funny stuff that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes.

message 1: by Lynna (new)

Lynna I love Cruisie, but I didn't know she wrote paranormal. If it's good let me I might just read it. Hope you feel better soon.