Kellie's Reviews > Simon Said

Simon Said by Sarah R. Shaber

** spoiler alert ** (First of the simon Shaw series)-I have to say, I wasn’t really interested in reading this book. The daughter of the writer is in our book club and Sarah is invited to meet with us next Thursday. So, I read it just for that reason. But the book turned out to be pretty good. Simon is a professor at a small college near Raleigh. He is an expert of the history of a house on campus and his friend is escavating the land around it. David finds a dead body during the dig and asks Simon to come view it. Simon figures out who it is and now the police are interested. Simon becomes involved with the DA and one of the cops and tries to help solve the case. As he is working on the case, a co-worker is trying to get him fired as well as someone is trying to kill him. Plus, he is falling in love with the DA. To complicate matters, Simon is recently divorced and the divorce left him slightly depressed and on meds. Therefore, attempts on his life are questioned as suicide. Simon figures out who the murderer is but on his way out of the house, where he verified the weapon, the person who wants him dead tries to finish the job. The Kid is the one who Simon gave a bad grade to which prevented him from getting into grad school, but the kid is also a relative of the deceased fiancé. Bobby believed his inheritance would be taken away if simon proved his relative was the killer. His relative was not the killer, the father did it. I thought the ending of this book was a little lame but all in all the book was enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simon Said.