Maja (The Nocturnal Library)'s Reviews > Divinely Ruined

Divinely Ruined by Diane Alberts

After six months of writing for The Nocturnal Library, the time has come for me to review my first adult paranormal romance. It will probably be the last, too, so enjoy it while it lasts – I certainly did.

Divinely Ruined is incredibly sweet, a perfect Sunday afternoon read. I was drawn to it because of the pretty cover, but the content turned out to be just as adorable. I know what you’re thinking: oh, not another angel story, there is one too many out there! and you’re right. But Divinely Ruined is not really an angel story. It’s a story about a lost woman trying to become an angel by saving a very lost and lonely man and ultimately falling in love.

Rebecca Chance is one of the rare few humans who get the opportunity to become angels. She has successfully completed her training and a few missions, and now she is just one assignment away from getting her wings and finally finding her purpose. All she has to do is save Anthony Weis, a single father of a three-year-old daughter, from becoming a murderer. But both Tony and Miranda are proving to be irresistible, just the right cure for the damaged and abused girl Rebecca still is, deep inside.

Tony Weis is bitter and jaded. His wife Jane walked out in him and their baby girl three years ago and he’s been struggling ever since. He loves his daughter so much and he wishes more than anything to be able to give her more than he already has, but he just keeps experiencing one failure after another. When a beautiful, redheaded woman shows up at his doorstep claiming that she’s an angel and that she’s there to save him, he snarls and complains, but he can't help falling for her, not even after discovering that she can read his mind

My only issue with Divinely Ruined is Tony’s daughter Miranda. While I understand that certain liberties can be taken when writing fluff, and that accuracy of any kind isn’t exactly a priority, as a mother of a five-year-old daughter, I have to say this: no child is that perfect.

This book was just what I needed at the time. I can’t remember the last time I felt so good about reading paranormal romance. (Actually, maybe I can: it was Maybe This Time about a year ago.) The best I can say about it is that it made me want to read something similar again very soon.

A copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, Entangled Publishing, for review purposes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divinely Ruined.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥Rachel♥ Maja, I am enjoying it while it lasts! I think I'm going to pick this one up this afternoon after reading the one I'm on now. I was surprised when I opened my email and saw you review a Diane Alberts novel the same day I did! I guess we were both reading her on our Sunday afternoons. Lol! Great minds and all that. Excellent review, lovely! :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Great minds do think alike, which we've successfully proven today (but it's also something we already knew). This one isn't good for your Monday smut club, though, as it has zero smut, up until the very end.

♥Rachel♥ Same with her other book. I didn't mind that. The story was sweet. :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) I didn't either, this one was just so adorable! I mean, a girl trying to be an angel and a guy doing his best to drive her away by sending dirty thoughts her way, since she can read his mind and all.

♥Rachel♥ Ha! I love that!! I'm totally reading this today. It's only 111 pages.

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) It is! It took me two hours to read it.

message 7: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Dirty thoughts? I'M IN! :) I'm on this like wildfire! ^^

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) It's pretty short, Pauline, pure fluff but I enjoyed it a lot. It's what my co-blogger calls a 3-neuron book.

message 9: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Sometimes, you just want to read something easy and sweet and romantic and escape, not think about anything else. The fact that you enjoyed it while knowing the book is just what it is without any pretension, it's good for me. Besides, the story sounds kinda nice.