Buffy Kennedy's Reviews > The Mystic Wolves

The Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring

May 09, 2012

liked it

This was a cute werewolf story about a girl and guy who are nauseatingly in love. He’s the alpha and she’s his betrothed, so Darcy’s gotten very comfortable in the pack, and very close with Mason’s sister. The story delivers betrayal, death, danger, and frustrating sexual tension because they need to stay “pure” for the mating ritual.

There’s a large section in the middle where Mason and Darcy focus on each other and just get away from it all for a bit. I personally enjoyed it because I love to focus on just the love story, however realistically I don’t think they would’ve been able to get away with it when there’s a threat looming.

While I enjoyed the story, the cliffhanger ending made me mad for a lot of reasons...that I can’t explain without giving it away, so I’ll zip my lips. Beyond that, my biggest complaint is that we once again have another werewolf/vampire story. I like vampires and werewolves, but hopefully Belinda Boring will shake it up a bit in book 2, Forget Me Not, which is available now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mystic Wolves.

03/25/2016 marked as: read