Buffy Kennedy's Reviews > Night Walker

Night Walker by Lisa Kessler

Mar 25, 2016

Whew! This book had me crying at times. Calisto is that ultimate hero that will wait forever for his lover and protect her at all costs. I love how he’s also very much about justice, especially in the form of revenge. Kate is a sweet and strong woman, especially to be able to put up with her nightmares. She survives some heartbreaking experiences and I really admired her bravery.

The world created is very plausible. The vampire lore itself reminds me of Charlaine Harris and makes a lot of sense. The characters’ actions, emotions, and circumstances were all just realistic in such a way as to get invested in the story and put you on the edge of your seat.

*MINOR SPOILER ALERT* The only real issue I had is a very personal one. Some people, while they recognize the severity and brutality of it, don’t really mind reading about a rape scene, but I’m not one of them. There are two scenes in the book, one of which is fairly detailed and from the villain’s point of view and it left me reeling a bit. Again, that’s from a completely subjective point of view. It really isn’t that bad, I’m just a little sensitive to it and was unprepared for it.

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It’s a very satisfying ending and leaves us with an ominous promise of what’s to come. I look forward to the next installment!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Walker.

03/25 marked as: read

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler Thanks for reading and reviewing Night Walker Buffy!

I'm glad you enjoyed the book! :)