Kari's Reviews > If You Know Her

May 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-crime, romance, contemporary
Read from May 09 to 12, 2012

Definitely my least favorite of the trilogy. I have disliked Nia since she was introduced in If You See Her, and she did not redeem herself here. She was the epitome of a TSTL heroine: rushing off into dark, unfamiliar places to search for a serial killer; refusing to take good advice that would spare her pain because she's too "rash and impulsive;" and just generally being a bitch for no good reason. At one point, she actually asks Law why he puts up with her bitchiness, and I found myself wondering the same thing. The way she continued to talk down to Hope throughout this book was unforgivable. Eventually, she does realize that she needs to back off and let people (read: the police) handle some things, but it was too little, too late.

The wrap-up of the mystery was really satisfying. I had my suspicions about this person from the first book, and was gratified to be proven correct. His devolution seemed a little forced, as did how he tried to scare Nia off. He seemed too smart to think that would work. But damn, some of the revelations about the murders and the bodies--CREEPY AS FUCK. *shudder* I also liked the time spent with Ezra & Lena and Remy & Hope from the previous books, and, of course, Law. Really, the man's only flaw is his atrocious taste in women.

Overall, it's a solid three-star book. If I hadn't hated Nia so much, it could have easily been four, but she dragged down the whole thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Know Her.

05/10/2012 page 98
27.0% "I've had my suspicions about a certain character for all three books now, and I'm tempted to flip to the end to see if I'm right. Must. Resist!"
05/11/2012 page 222
62.0% "Holy shit, Nia is almost TSTL. Hey, there's a serial killer out there? And he probs wants me dead? I should totally go run around in unfamiliar woods in the dark by myself! And be mad when someone tries to tell me it's unsafe! Because letting my cousin's murderer get me is totally the best way to honor her memory!"