Lady*M's Reviews > Acting Out

Acting Out by Tibby Armstrong

May 18, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, m-m-romance
Read from May 17 to 18, 2012

Lovely sequel to No Apologies. The protagonists are two young actors - one famous (Kit), the other beginner (Jeremy) - who play Greg and Aaron from the first book in the movie.

I loved seeing Greg and Aaron again. Greg in particularly was awesome in all his bastard glory. It was interesting to watch Greg interact with the boys, especially his animosity towards Kit who seemed to mirror his own mistakes with Aaron. The chemistry between Kit and Jeremy was great though not as scorching as between two older men. Yes, Kit's denial was frustrating, but I loved that the author also gave us his reasons, which were actually very good. I loved that Jeremy wasn't portrayed as completely naive, even as innocent as he was and new to Hollywood games, which was true to this time and his age. I would have liked to know more about his and Kit's background (Jeremy's abuse, Kit's family), but, still, what was in the story was sufficient to make them sympathetic.

I've seen at author's site that we can look forward to another Greg/Aaron story this year. I hope the boys will make a guest appearance. ^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acting Out.

05/17/2012
49.0% "I'm liking this Greg - the sadistic bastard - a lot. ^^"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tibby (last edited May 18, 2012 09:33PM) (new)

Tibby Armstrong Thank you for the insightful review! I read it three times in a row. You are always eloquent and give me a great deal to think about.

I thought I'd pop in and let you know about two of the items on your wish list.

Kit and Jeremy make very brief appearances in Greg and Aaron's sequel, Full Disclosure (due out in Aug 2012). The story is a novella and doesn't allow much room for secondary characters; however, I hope and think you'll find that it scratches some Greg and Aaron itches quite nicely.

As far as Kit and Jeremy are concerned, all will be revealed in their follow-up story, tentatively titled Out Takes. You'll get to know Kit a lot better, especially.

Last but not least, I'm planning some sexy short stories that explore the steamier side of Greg and Aaron's D/s relationship. I haven't put pen to paper on these yet, but I have quite a few ideas jumping around in my mind, begging for *ahem* release.

Thank you for the LMAO on the Greg/bastard comments. I do love him, perhaps like Aaron, despite or maybe because of his moody complexities.

Hugs,
Tibby

Lady*M Tibby wrote: "Thank you for the insightful review! I read it three times in a row. You are always eloquent and give me a great deal to think about.

I thought I'd pop in and let you know about two of the items o..."

August? That's great! I have to honest, the blurb makes me nervous, but I trust that everything will be all right in the end. ^^

It's wonderful that we will see more of these characters. I love them all, but, yes, Greg has a special place in my heart. And, I'm looking forward these steamier additions to the series. The guys have a great chemistry. ~_^

R.B. Thanks Tibby for great news! I'm looking forward to your next story... :-D

message 4: by Tibby (new)

Tibby Armstrong R.B. wrote: "Thanks Tibby for great news! I'm looking forward to your next story... :-D"

Hi, R.B.!

I hope you enjoy it! I've loved hearing everyone's thoughts about Acting Out. Every moment sweating over these manuscripts is more than worth it when I get to connect with readers like you and Lady*M.

Hugs,