Amanda's Reviews > One Reckless Summer

F 50x66
May 09, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read in May, 2012

This was a quick read for me, and I got it on sale! I really connected with the characters of this story. Both are licking some pretty hideous emotional wounds, and are treading in some gray moral areas. I like how these areas were explored through the hero and heroine's relationship, and how both are doing the absolute best that they can. Usually in romance, the themes of the story are about the personal growth of the hero and heroine. However, the secondary characters have to grow as well--from a meddling father to a circle of friends for the heroine. I also love how the heroine sees past the bad deeds that the hero has committed in the past, and focuses on his becoming a better, upstanding citizen. The best part of the book was watching both the hero and heroine emotionally bond and how they managed to find some happiness with each other. This was the first Toni Blake book that I have read, and I will be putting her on my list of authors. I'm looking forward to see what she has to offer in the future.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Reckless Summer.