Soumi's Reviews > Destroy Me

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Oct 03, 12

bookshelves: short-stories-deleted-parts-of-yas, young-adult, dystopian, favorite
Read from October 02 to 03, 2012

Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right now...my psycho lover Warner, here I come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Me.

Quotes Soumi Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“My mind is a warehouse of carefully organized human emotions.
I lock away the things that do not serve me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Sometimes I close my eyes and paint these walls a different color. I imagine I’m wearing warm socks and sitting by a fire. I imagine someone’s given me a book to read, a story to take me away form the torture of my own mind. I want to be someone else somewhere else with something else to fill my mind. I want to run, to feel the wind tug at my hair. I want to pretend that this is just a story within a story. That this cell is just a scene, that these hands don’t belong to me, that this window leads to somewhere beautiful if only I could break it. I pretend this pillow is clean, I pretend this bed is soft. I pretend and pretend and pretend until the world becomes so breathtaking behind my eyelids that I can no longer contain it. But then my eyes fly open and I’m caught around the throat by a pair of hands that won’t stop suffocating suffocating suffocating. My thoughts, I think, will soon be sound. My mind, I hope, will soon be found.”

Tahereh Mafi
“There’s something simmering inside of me. Something I’ve never dared to tap into, something I’m afraid to acknowledge. There’s a part of me clawing to break free from the cage I’ve trapped it in, banging on the doors of my heart, begging to be free. Begging to let go. Every day I feel like I’m reliving the same nightmare. I open my mouth to shout, to fight, to swing my fists, but my vocal cords are cut, my arms are heavy and weighted down as if trapped in wet cement and I’m screaming but no one can hear me, no one can reach me and I’m caught. And it’s killing me. I’ve always had to make myself submissive, subservient, twisted into a pleading, passive mop just to make everyone else feel safe and comfortable. My existence has become a fight to prove I’m harmless, and I’m not a threat, that I’m capable of living among other human beings without hurting them. And I’m so tired I’m so tire I’m so tired I’m so tired and sometimes I get so angry. I don’t know what’s happening to me.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I’ve come to believe that the most dangerous man in the world is the one who feels no remorse. The one who never apologizes and therefore seeks no forgiveness. Because in the end it is our emotions that make us week, not our actions.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Watching her talk to someone else made me crazy. I was jealous. Ridiculous. I wanted her to know me; I wanted her to talk to me. And I felt it then: this strange, inexplicable sense that she might be the only person in the world I could really care about.”

Tahereh Mafi
“I have an extremely low threshold for disorder; it offends my very being.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced. Not as a child, and not as I am now.”

Tahereh Mafi
“In just two days, one girl has managed to cripple me.”

“And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”
Tahereh Mafi, Destroy Me

10/02/2012 "Faints...dying...I love you Warner."
10/02/2012
10.0% "I blink back the flood of disaster pressing against the small world I’ve built; I swallow hard against the fear creeping up my throat. I push the walls
back, making more space in the room until I can finally breathe. Until I’m able to
stand."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody Warner is my psycho lover too <3

Soumi Hot, hot..he's damn hot

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ OMG I totally agree! Psycho lover. :P

Soumi Can you believe finally we are getting to know the real Warner....wooo hooo

message 5: by Annie (last edited Jul 14, 2012 05:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annie Hodgkins and when i thought i was the only one who loved Warner *sigh

message 6: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody God I want this. Warner is do hot.

Cookie Warner caught my eyes since the moment he first appeared on the book *le swoon*

message 8: by Raphiela (new) - added it

Raphiela muhohoh,, i love Warner too!!!

message 9: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody hey Warner is my psycho lover!

message 10: by Soumi (last edited Oct 02, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soumi Ladies, sorry I can't share my Warner. He is exclusively mine. :P :) XD

Rebecca So jealous! My nook is having issues downloading it...

Fletcher What were the last words Warner said in the book?
PLEASE
Answer I need to know

message 13: by Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ (last edited Oct 05, 2012 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ Fletcher wrote: "What were the last words Warner said in the book?
PLEASE
Answer I need to know"

"What is happening to me."

Fletcher OH MY GOD THANK YOU
YOU LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE

Soumi I know..my heart breaks each time i think about Warner

Fletcher Me, too.
I will literally go into the book and tear Juliette's throat out if she dosen't at least give Warner a chance to explain his feelings. That's the way I feel after reading this book.

Soumi Ha ha...you should go inside the book and tear up Juliette cause then I can have Warner :)

Fletcher I thought you were in love with Puck.
GO PUCK

message 19: by Fletcher (last edited Oct 14, 2012 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fletcher I'm number 20 on the holds list
DAMN IT
I can't wait
Even though in the book outline Ethan sounds like a asshole

Soumi He was actually kind of asshole.

Fletcher What?!
I told you I haven't read it yet
Don't spoil it
I might only be like 11 years old but, I am almost a teenager and I want to fully experience the book when I read it
No spoilers

Fletcher Soumi (in love with PUCK) wrote: "Ladies, sorry I can't share my Warner. He is exclusively mine. :P :) XD"

I thought you had someone.
Puck

Soumi eh...Puck will always be mine. XD, but that doesn't mean I will leave Warner too, he is kind of extramarital affair. lol

Fletcher I gtg
Bye

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ Soumi (in love with PUCK) wrote: "eh...Puck will always be mine. XD, but that doesn't mean I will leave Warner too, he is kind of extramarital affair. lol"

Haha, this is hilarious!