Roanne 's Reviews > One Perfect Summer

One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon

May 09, 2012

liked it
Read from May 25 to 31, 2012

As soon as I discovered Paige Toon; having 'Chasing Daisy' thrust upon me a few months ago. I have read everything she's ever written and she is one of those authors that doesn't disappoint.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed by this book. Why? We shouldn't need to ask this question because usually Toon's work is impressive, flowing and easy to read. Her characters are engaging and a bunch of laughs... not so in this book unfortunately. For me, it lacked her usual spark.

Alice - annoyed me... she was great at the beginning when she first met Joe but then became a bit of a doormat when she was with Lukas. I think I only ever perked up when Joe was in the picture- absolutely hated control-freak Lukas, but perhaps that is the magic of Toon's characters, you either love them or hate them.

I would have given this book more stars if the ending wasn't so abrupt. I wish Toon had given the Epilogue at least three pages and not three paragraphs. It was sort of an odd ending, one that has left me hanging for something more... more closure I guess.

What happened to Lukas? Did Alice work it out with him? What happened to Joe and Alice?

That, I will never know.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Perfect Summer.

05/25/2012 page 3
1.0% "So here goes, my first official read after The Fifty Shades Trilogy... I hope this is a better read, otherwise I'm reverting back."
05/28/2012 page 66
14.0% "It's slow... not as exciting as Fifty Shades but I'll give it a chance"
05/29/2012 page 126
27.0% "It's finally getting interesting. Except the flow is a bit disjointed."
05/30/2012 page 217
47.0% "Loving this book- it's another unputdownable book by Paige Toon."
05/31/2012 page 284
61.0% "I'm not liking the way Lukas is treating Alice, but then again, I have always had a soft spot for Joe."
05/31/2012 page 464
100.0% "Great stellar of a read, really disappointed in the ending. Bit of an anti-climax."