Nia's Reviews > Reflected in You

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: best-of-the-best, erotic-romance
Read from October 01 to 03, 2012

One of the best series sequels ever! Sylvia Day has outdone herself with Reflected in You. Best of the Best! In Reflected in You, Gideon Cross develops into a dangerously powerful and dark alpha male that takes us on an emotionally charged ride with Eva. Sylvia Day could have written Gideon as the popular generic cliche - the sexy, rich "Christian Grey" character with lots of power and kink, and we probably would have loved it, BUT SHE DIDN'T. Gideon Cross kicks Christian Grey's ass. He's so loving one minute, and disconnected and dark the next, that I couldn't predict what was coming up next. His controlling hot/cold behavior made me feel like Eva throughout the story: uncertain, hot, emotional, happy, worried, sad, full of angst and gutted. All I wanted was a little crumb from Gideon, something to make me believe in him again. The story just got better and better and by the time I read the last chapter, everything made perfect sense and I didn't want it to end.

Reflected in You is one of my top ten faves of 2012. Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reflected in You.

10/01/2012 "So excited to be reading Reflected in You! The wait is finally over! ;)" 1 comment
10/01/2012 "Did the release date just change to 10/23 !?!?!?" 2 comments
10/03/2012
20.0% "Holy HOT heat! Gideon is toooo much to handle! Great start to this book!" 2 comments
10/03/2012
80.0% "Is it wrong to say that I'm liking
Gideon Cross even more than the iconic Christian Grey?!?! This sequel is fabulous!!!" 13 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amber Woohoooooo!!!! Best Tuesday ever!

Michelle Hey stranger! I was in such a book slump & this completely pulled me out of it. Loved it!

message 3: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hey Michelle! I've stopped breathing in anticipation of what will come next. The reviews are mostly 5 stars so I hope I love it as much as you did. ;)

message 4: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Amber! I know! Between the great books I've read this week and the new fall season on TV, I've got my free time all booked up!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Nia! I'm so glad you liked it! =)

message 6: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Rena! I loved it! Hope you like it as much as I did!

Yani Awesome review! You just wrote everything I was thinking and everything that I felt. What a ride!!!

Wendy Nicely said Nia! This is getting bumped up!

message 9: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Yani. Thanks! It was definitely an emotional ride. Took me a while to write the review because of it.

Nicole Great Review! Gideon & Eva take emotional rollercoaster to a whole new level. Love what you said about Gideon kicking Grey's ass. So true, he even stomps on it for good measure.

message 11: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Thanks! Yep! He stomped all over it! LOL

Nathalie *~*our future has come*~* Great review Nia! I've seen a lot of people reading this since it came out, sounds good =)

message 13: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia If you read Bared to You, you have to read Reflected to You (Part 2 of the series). I wasn't expecting it to be so good!

message 14: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Wendy! Thanks! :)

Chryssa Thank you Nia for not giving anything away!!!
Love this review!
My worst mistake was that I started this book yesterday, on a weekday when I have to get up early for work!!! Needless to say that I only slept for less than 3 hours last night because of this book!!!
It is so intense from the beginning you feel it to your core!!!! I can never have enough of it, of Gideon, of Eva!
The Bookworld needs to have only such books!

message 16: by Nia (last edited Oct 04, 2012 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Chryssa!! Ευχαριστώ! I try to never give anything away. So many books have been ruined for me by revealing spoilers and status updates! I hardly slept last night because it was so good. I found myself tearing up a little at the end, it's was so full of angst! I hope Part 3 is just as good or better. :)

Michele ~ la Smoocherina I'm part way in. :). Other than sex, I'm not sure what they have going for them.

Chryssa Nia wrote: "Hi Chryssa!! Ευχαριστώ! I try to never give anything away. So many books have been ruined for me by revealing spoilers and status updates! I hardly sleep last night at all because it was so good. I..."

It comes out Dec 31st! the best New Year's gift! I can't wait! and I hope so too!!! I hope this trilogy has the ending it deserves!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved the review, Nia! Glad you enjoyed the book so much :)

Cynthia Great Review

message 21: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Michele. I felt the same way until around the 70% mark. I think they are perfect for each other but their emotional baggage and abusive past makes it hard for them to communicate and connect. All in all, it's a great read!

message 22: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Lazy Jeff! Thanks. I liked Reflected in You better than Bared to You, so hopefully you will like the first one enough to read the second one. :)

I have found that most readers that did not like Fifty Shades, didn't like Crossfire because they have a similar type of story line. I loved both Fifty and Crossfire. This is my type of book! ;)

message 23: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Thanks Cynthia. Can't wait to see your review on Reflected in You! Hope you enjoy it!

message 24: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Thanks for the update. I didn't know that Entwined with You came out on Dec. 31st! I agree. What a great New Year's Gift!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Nia wrote: "Hi Lazy Jeff! Thanks. I liked Reflected in You better than Bared to You..."

I didn't read Fifty Shades, so there isn't that kind of problem for me, although I'm not sure that I like Bared to You. However, I still haven't finished it yet, so there's some hope :)

message 26: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia You didn't read Fifty Shades!?! I've read better erotica books than Fifty Shades since then but the Fifty series was was my gateway drug. I had never read erotica/romance aside from a few classics before it so I owe E.L. James for introducing me to the genre.

I hope you enjoy Bared to You enough to jump into Reflected in You!! :)

Alexandra You know I used to love Christian,but i don't feel safe with him anymore.. Gideon Cross is my man!!! lol Love your review Nia :) can you recommend another good book?

message 28: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Hi Alexandra! Please take a look at my Best of The Best list. ;) I hope you find something you like.