Roxana's Reviews > Chasing McCree

Chasing McCree by J.C. Isabella

May 08, 12

Okay, so you know how every now and then you run into a book where you can't part ways with? Yeah, that's this book for me. I know I say this a lot, how a book has captivated me and I absolutely love it, but I do. I really do.
I adored Chase McCree's character. Such a sweet and caring guy. He was always gentle and giving. And so hard working for such a young age. He knew what he wanted in life and he stuck with it. He was very protective of Briar, but not in that "come near her and I'll break your face". He gave her space to figure things out.
I think that my second favorite character was grandma! Boy did she have spunk. And she also took very good care of Briar. She gave her normalcy.
Briar, Briar, a girl that can give a good left hook and a good knee to the groin while defending yourself is my kind of girl! Good for her on getting away from those uppitty parents, you know, the ones that don't know how to appreciate their kids because they are too busy getting botox injections and having affairs and spending too much money. I'm glad that she was able to find a good family that loved her for who she was.
And the ending, it was PERFECT!!! Yeah, like I said before, I can't get enough of this book. I keep wondering what would happen next in their lives!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing McCree.