Lexie's Reviews > Womanthology: Heroic

Womanthology by Bonnie Burton

May 08, 2012

bookshelves: review-blog-pr, gns-owned-read
Read from May 08 to 18, 2012

Prelim Review: While this isn't a perfect book, this is a book to be damned proud of. This isn't just an anthology of short comics and pin-ups with a glib theme of 'Women Empowerment' or a collection of stories that prove women are as cool as men (if not cooler). This is a book filled with stories about characters who face problems every girl goes through and yeah sometimes superpowers or magic helps to make things better, but it just as easily comes down to whether that young girl or woman is brave enough to embrace the ability to make a change.

Prelim review full review to be posted on Poisoned Rationality

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Womanthology.

05/08/2012 page 85
02/26/2014 marked as: books-owned
02/26/2014 marked as: books-owned-read
06/02/2016 marked as: gns-owned-read
06/02/2016 marked as: read
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan I just heard about this book a few days ago. How are you liking it?

Lexie Quite a bit--there's a lot of artists/writers in it that I love, so that's awesome, but also the fact the stories aren't JUST about superheroes--everyday ordinary stuff is also highlighted as being extraordinary :)

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan That's great! I love that there are so many artists in it. I'm still a newbie when it comes to graphic novels/comics so anthologies help me a lot to find new people to follow. =)

Lexie OH A NEWBIE YOU SAY ::coughs::

they are my joy--whether its American, Japanese, Korean or what have you they are my lovely lovely joy :)

This will give you a good feel for what you'll like and not like then. I'd say about a fifth of the talent contained (artist, writer, colorist) are or have worked on easily obtainable series, another fair chunk have some kicking webcomics (my new obsession I do so admit) and the others...well I haven't heard of them, but that's okay because now I have :D

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Haha, yes! I love them too. I'm lucky that my library has quite a few that I want to read.

Now you've made me want to go buy this, like, right now. I may have to see if my local store has it!