Jared Murphy's Reviews > The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History

The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History by Thomas E. Woods Jr.

May 08, 12

Read in July, 2005

I am a fan of the Politically Incorrect series of historical books. The series typically attempts to give a balanced representation of history, in some cases having to go far to the other extreme of the accepted version that is espoused by the victor. Even if you do not agree with viewpoints given in these books, it is a good thing to get a different perspective. Certainly, a good historian should look at subjects objectively, nay, pragmatically, as possible. One thing I can say: general history does get caught up in repeating the same mantras or narratives and in reality, as one looks more closely to particulars and arguments concerning the issues in an event, things are never as cut and dry as they are presented in generalities. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people don't want to look at the particulars and would rather settle for the more stable (at least reassuring) generalities. Give me the particulars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History.