Novels On The Run's Reviews > Beckoning Light

4119908
May 17, 12

Read from May 08 to 16, 2012

MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 4.25 BECKONING STARS!!

How much of a surprise read was this little gem? Well, yes, very much so.

I can ‘feel’ how much potential already without having read Perilous Light # 2, this trilogy has.

Charlotte and Kevin have come to live with Monty their uncle in Charleston. Back to the family home they once lived in with their mother. Dad’s in Alaska doing his thing, and mum is dead.

This story is told from Charlotte and Kevin’s POV’s , which I kinda liked.

There is a Forbidden Gate down at the end of their garden and like all things forbidden, where there is a will there is a way. Basic rule of being a teenager.

Liam is Kevin’s buddy and the guy Charlotte was crushing on when she was thirteen.....eeeppp!!...she even kissed him, much to a stunned Liam’s ...well...stunned..ness.

Oh, boy, now Charlotte has come back to Charleston pushing 16yrs old and she will be going to the same school as Liam. Now this is where you think...Charlotte and Liam sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G....well no!

Enter James.

James is this mysterious guy , always available, hanging about.....so food for thought.

The one thing I realised as I was reading was how Charlotte was surrounded by protective guys, Kevin ( bro) , Liam ( bro’s bff) , Monty ( uncle) and James ( mysterious dude?).

I love Liam he is fun, caring and witty. Kevin and Liam together are great characters.

Then, the story takes on a whole different direction, which I found gorgeous visually....but hang on a minute...I didn’t mention the other dude , Calvin. Now I am not one for insta love...but...this was more like one second, full blown , glow in the dark love.

So, here I am left thinking...awww...crap, is this going to be annoying? Well, no! Then there is this whole surprise package of a story that blossoms. We alternate from Kevin telling us his part in this story, back to Charlotte and this originally quiet, shy young girl ......fast forward many pages, to this young woman who is taking charge.

Charlotte is doing it her way....go sister!

Now I must admit I am kinda rooting for ‘the other guy’ , I currently have a problem with a certain somebody and I can’t help feeling judgemental about this somebody, even though it is all things true and the worlds are aligned and all that stuff. There is even ANOTHER somebody who has redeemed himself in my eyes who I like too.

But, ONE guy I would love Charlotte to be with.....I don't think there is much chance as the worlds are aligned and all that, love and bond stuff.

Cryptic , I know..hehe!!

Oh and Henry...he’s so sweet, I just want to hug him.

This book has a little ...oooo *gasp* ending that makes you want to pick up ‘Perilous Light’, ASAP!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beckoning Light.