Georgia Herod's Reviews > The Devil In Pew Number Seven

The Devil In Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo

F_50x66
May 08, 12

Read in May, 2012

This was a page turner from the get-go! Because I'm a pastor's wife and we've served several churches, the subject matter got my attention immediately, though we never encountered evil personified as Robert Nichols and his family did.

When Mr. Watts, a "pillar of the church," disagrees with the pastor and decides that he's going to run the preacher out, the conflict escalates dramatically with random harassing phone calls, anonymous letters filled with threats, dynamite explosions, gun shots into the car and the house, mockery and more! All the while, Robert Nichols stands firm: he will not leave the church unless God gives him that word. Three years of such behavior ensues. The physical, psychological and emotional strain wears at each family member, with Rebecca (the author) living in constant fear. She sees her parents both verbalize and live out their faith, refusing to harbor hatred or seek revenge, choosing to obey the commands of Christ to "love their enemies."

Victory comes in spite of death, depression, discouragement, anguish, and great loss. This is a true story of a family under incredible persecution who remain faithful and courageous. Rebecca follows in the footsteps of her parents to live out the power of forgiveness.

This was spellbinding!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil In Pew Number Seven.