Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Chuffed

Chuffed by Tia Fielding

This book was great but the ending of the epilogue made it even better. Who knew being chuffed at could be so cute? And emotional. Lol.

This was a short and easy read that had a simple but intense feel to it. I really enjoyed it because I've always loved stories that offer sanctuary homes. Add into the fact that Mikael is a half-shifter made things a little bit more interesting.

I liked the mix of all the shifters and how they were extremely loyal to Mikael even though he couldn't shift. I really liked Mikael because there's just something about him that is very appealing and charming. When Maxim came into the picture, I thought it was going to be instant mate but surprisingly it was not so that was a nice touch. Maxim had a lot to heal from and even when he was healed he needed to work things out. I really liked the fact that Maxim's pride was so easily bruised but he still maintained an aura of control.

The main conflict of the book was a bit predictable but it was entertaining seeing all the shifters on the farm come together. I really enjoyed the story but I wished it had been longer because a lot of information is told instead of shown so sometimes days/weeks/months at a time are over. I would have liked to see these things happen instead of being told of what has transpired while there was a scene break. But the world is such an interesting one with the Council and the Sanctuary. Once I started the book, I didn't want to stop. I especially liked that this was based in Finland and how the author incorporated some Finnish into the story as well. Is it accurate? I have no idea but it sounded good. LOL

Overall, I loved the book. It is easily something I could reread and I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series because I'm curious who will show up next and who will get their HEA next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chuffed.

06/07/2012
06/07/2012
100.0% "Awwww. Chuffled. Chuffed. So cute"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elspeth Didn't you also find that her shifter myth to be refreshing, that they weren't uber magical beings that could kill you with their piercing gazes?
I loved that!
I really liked her world, and I agree with you that the book was thin and most of it was told to you and not shown. This made me very sad because I loved how rich in description Something New was.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Yes I definitely did! I really liked the fact that it wasn't insta mate either. This series is different from most shifter series out there.

I haven't read Something New yet but I have read By Any Other Name and I really enjoyed that. I'm planning to read more by her soon because there's just something about her writing that I really like

message 3: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D that was my favorite part too - the chuffing :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* L-D wrote: "that was my favorite part too - the chuffing :)"

It was so adorable! Have you read the sequel yet? I'm planning to read it after GRL

message 5: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Yes - I just read Chuffed and the sequel yesterday. The sequel was full length so I was excited about it, but it was a bit all over the place. Even though it's all kind of from Noah and Dallas' POV (the two MCs), it develops a few other "relationships" in the book as well and doesn't spend enough time with Noah and Dallas unfortunately. I still liked it overall, but I think because it was full-length I expected more.

message 6: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D What are you reading to prep for GRL? I got overwhelmed so ended up just reading whatever I felt like. It's like trying to cram for Finals and then kind of deciding it would be better to get a good night's sleep instead. HAHA!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Oh man! I was hoping to get a good novel just focused on one couple! Oh well. Is it focused manly on Noah and Dallas? Cuz as long as they are still the 'main couple' I'll be fine but if there's other couples that take over the book I might have some problems.

I had a whole list of books I wanted to read before GRL but was only able to read like a quarter of it before I gave up. Now I'm just reading the newest (or semi-new) releases of my favorites that are going so I just read Living Promises and Hot Head. Now I'm reading Body Magic and I'm hoping I can fit in Dark Soul Vol. 1 and Stars & Stripes before I leave Wednesday. What about you?

It does kinda feel like cramming for finals!!

message 8: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I read all of those and they are all good! You should be able to fit Dark Soul - it's super short. So obviously I have been reading Tia Fielding and I don't even know if she's going to GRL, but probably not. I've been reading a bunch of novella length shifter stuff. Just because they're quick easy reads. Over the last couple of days I've read this series, Saving Valor (Fanged Love #1), the four books in the Pack Discipline series by Kim Dare starting with The Mark of an Alpha which I really liked. Now I'm reading With a Kiss also by Kim Dare. Her stuff is hit or miss for me. She is pretty into writing about BDSM which is not my favorite genre, but if it's light BDSM I don't mind.

message 9: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I want to read Whispering Pines ranch and started Lorcan's Desire a while back. I actually really liked it but then I read the description of the next book and was like, hey, wait a minute, the MCs aren't together anymore? WHAT? So I freaked and stopped reading it. Everyone says they get back together down the road, but I hate open relationships or seeing people NOT with the ones they are supposed to be with. So I'm skerred. But I have to try I think. Maybe this weekend.

message 10: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D OH! And I want to read the next book In Eric Arvin's Vignettes from Jasper Lane series. I LOVE that series and book 3 came out and I haven't read it yet. AND - I still haven't read the second Bear, Otter, and the Kid book. I know - what's wrong with me, right?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I used to be SUCH a Kim Dare fan! But I haven't read one of hers in ages and I honestly don't know why! I liked that she's got light BDSM.

OMG, that's exactly why I haven't read Lorcan's Desire yet! It seems so good but I just hate it when a book ends with one couple but then they break up in the next one and end up with someone totally different! One day I'll take the plunge and finally read it but not any time soon!

ROFL. I don't think I've read that Eric Arvin series yet. But he's pretty funny, I like his books a lot. I haven't read the second Bear, Otter and the Kid book either :( When it came out I was so swamped with school and work I just didn't have time and now I just keep forgetting about it! I'm going to read it in the next few months for sure, though!!

message 12: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Ooh! Let me know and I'll read with you! You HAVE to read Vignettes from Jasper lane - it is HILARIOUS. 5 star series for me!