Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Naked

May 17, 12

liked it
bookshelves: romance, ebook-format
Read from May 13 to 14, 2012

I will admit I spent most of this book wondering what the deal was with Alex Kennedy.

Olivia Mackey is a photographer. She meets Alex Kennedy at her ex/now BFF's house for a holiday party. Actually she doesn't officially meet him until the next morning. BFF gives her a cryptic warning to stay away from Alex but this wouldn't be a book if she did! LOL

Olivia has a history - (view spoiler) She isn't close with her family, her parents are divorced. There are a lot of different things going on in this story revolving around religion, family and beliefs. Olivia isn't sure who she is or who she's supposed to be. But I found myself wondering more who Alex was. We know very little about him throughout almost the entire book. (view spoiler)

So... Olivia and Alex fall into a relationship. It's easy... then it's not... meanwhile the BFF is a complete asshole and I can't believe she ever put up with his shit.

I think for me, I was confused what the book was truly supposed to be about. I didn't feel like the blurb of the book matched what I was reading about. There was NO mention of this erotic photography book by the way. The emotions felt very real, the heartbreak, the sadness, the loneliness, the worry and the relief... all very well written but the book wasn't really what I was expecting.

"I didn't think he wanted me. And I wasn't about to get involved with him, not after what I'd heard. Sure, Alex Kennedy was tall, dark and unbearably hot, but I've been burned before. When I solicited him to model for my erotic photography book, I didn't expect such a heated, passionate photo session. And now that we've crossed that line, our bodies aren't the only things that have been exposed.

But I can't give my heart to a man who's so… unconventional. His last sexual relationship was with a married couple. It's enough that my ex-fiancé preferred men, I can't take that chance again no matter how much my body thrives on Alex's touch. I can't risk it, but I can't resist it, either.

Alex can be very convincing when he wants something."

BTW Alex Kennedy is the character in the book Tempted by the author - which explains a lot of his backstory I suppose. You don't necessarily need to read it first, but it might give you a bit more insight into Alex before reading this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hum... I've notice quite a few people feel the same way about this book as you. I think I'll pass on this one. Nice and honest review, Jaime.

message 2: by Vallsykes (last edited May 17, 2012 11:02PM) (new)

Vallsykes I was in the book store and did an cheat speed read/scan of the book. I read a few parts and passed on it. I usually don't do that, but I am thinking I saved time on this one. I am also not so won on Megan Hart.

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I've done the cheat/speed read many times, Valls! It saves time and money on iffy books.