Freda Mans-Labianca's Reviews > Adam & Eve

May 08, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction
Read from May 08 to August 04, 2012

This was a long read, even though it was fairly short in pages, I felt I had a tough time making it through.
I can say that I appreciate the words the author used to write with. I may not have enjoyed what the words told, but I did enjoy how it was put together. Sena writes very eloquently, enough so that I can't help but wonder if she talks that way too.
I couldn't connect with the story at all though. The characters well great, but I really didn't have any similarities to them and their story. I didn't even like that they eventually hooked up, I wouldn't have bothered with that, there was enough going on in the story already. I'm sure somehow it was all supposed to play in a part together, but it just didn't get there for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adam & Eve.

message 1: by Hattie (new)

Hattie I have Ahab's Wife. One day I want to read it. How is this one, Freda?

Freda Mans-Labianca Hattie wrote: "I have Ahab's Wife. One day I want to read it. How is this one, Freda?"
I have not read that one yet. It seems as though this is the only low rated book on her Goodreads page, so I bet it's a good one! Ahab's Wife did make the bestsellers list!

message 3: by Hattie (new)

Hattie Oh, I didn't know it made the best sellers list. Is Adam and Eve a chunkie?

Freda Mans-Labianca Hattie wrote: "Oh, I didn't know it made the best sellers list. Is Adam and Eve a chunkie?"

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Did you read a lot of modern interpretations of this topic? Did you read about it in "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov?

Freda Mans-Labianca Melissa wrote: "Did you read a lot of modern interpretations of this topic? Did you read about it in "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov?"

Hi, no I did not dig deeper into the meanings. Only read what was in this book.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Freda wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Did you read a lot of modern interpretations of this topic? Did you read about it in "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov?"

Hi, no I did not dig deeper into the..."

aaa..sorry then